EMS/Special Operations Division
The EMS/Special Operations Division of the Somerville Rescue Squad is composed of several unique services and equally dedicated volunteer EMTs, Nurses, and Crew Assistants.
- Basic Life Support Emergency Medical Services – Call 911
- Non-Emergency Medical Transport
- After 7 pm on weekdays and any time on the weekend. Call 908-526-4545 to schedule a transport. 72 hour advance notice is requested.
- EMS Continuing Medical Education (see the Education/Training link)
- Emergency Incident Rehabilitation
- Somerville Technical Rescue Team
- Somerville Fire Department
- Mutual Aid to requesting municipalities upon initiation of a letter of agreement.
- Technical Rescue EMS
- To complement the Squad’s Technical Rescue Team the EMS Division has specially trained EMTs and Nurses who as members of the Rescue Team, provide medical oversight at the scene of a TECHNIAL RESCUE INCIDENT.
- Mass Casualty Response with our 12 Patient Capacity Medical Ambulance Bus (MAB17)